Quick Start Guide
- What is Ecological Enhancement?
A set of principles and practices
to help landowners improve the ecological
quality of their properties
- What are the Values underlying ChicoryLane and Ecological
Ecological Enhancement Balanced with Preservation through Collaborative Informed Stewardship
- How does Ecological Enhancement relate to Conservation Easement?
Conservation easements primarily protect against subdivision and development.
Most do not address improving the land or restoring parcels to some approximate
earlier state, e.g., old farm restoration. Consider doing more.
- Are there example or in-process Ecological Enhancement projects that can be seen at ChicoryLane?
Four projects are actively underway and four more will be begun this summer. We
welcome visitors to see them, talk with us about them, and to explore how they
might relate to their own interests and properties.
- Where did the term Ecological Enhancement and the concept come from?
The term emerged in our minds several years ago in reference to ongoing work at
ChicoryLane; we later discovered that the term was already being used in England
landscaping and municipal planning, but with a different emphasis.